Monday, January 28, 2013

Me-n-Ed's - 74%

Me-n-Ed's


Rainy days and Mondays always make me crave pizza. And since it was both rainy and a Monday (not so uncommon in Vancouver!), it was the perfect opportunity to try a new pizza delivery restaurant! This time I chose to give Me-n-Ed’s in south Burnaby a try, particularly because on Mondays they provide their large pepperoni and mushroom pizza for just $18.50+tax, ordinarily $22.70. Perfect!

I must say that the Me-n-Ed’s pizza experience was very satisfying! Delivery time was approximately 45 minutes. The pizza crust was tasty and fluffy, not too thin or too thick. There was a generous amount of sauce to go around, probably not the tastiest I’ve ever had, but tangy enough to add a bit of bite to the pizza. I must confess that I’m still recovering from the lack lustre pizza sauce at Ragazzi’s. There were generous amounts of the toppings and the pizza was not too cheesy – just the way I like it! Overall, not too shabby at all! All the flavours worked perfectly.

Now I must add here that I generally expect more from dine-in pizza – my particular choice being somewhere between a Neopolitan and a New York style pizza. But for home delivery, I understand that these thin, designer pizzas don’t travel too well. A home delivered pizza has to be robust enough to still hold its flavour an hour after it leaves the oven, and I think Me-n-Ed’s have figured out how to do just that.

Be sure to check out their daily specials. They also have 4 other locations around the Greater Vancouver Area. 



No comments:

Post a Comment