Saturday, January 19, 2013

Moki's Pizza - 72%

Moki's Pizza
http://www.mokispizza.com/



Before we moved to Burnaby recently, Moki’s, in Kerrisdale, was our local pizzeria.
I was initially skeptical about trying Moki’s pizza. The little hole in the wall that offers pickup or delivery only, with pizza chefs of Asian descent, doesn’t really fit my stereotype of a Mediterranean chef flipping pizza dough high in the air, in slow motion of course, while opera plays dramatically in the background. But I’m here to find the perfect pizza… and I can’t let stereotypes slow me down.. And boy, was I pleasantly surprised! Moki’s pizzas are delicious!

My favourite was a custom pepperoni and mushroom pizza. The owners were always happy to accommodate my request for less cheese on only half the pizza (I happen to have been recently diagnosed with lactose intolerance), and the pizza quality has been consistently good. A large pizza was plenty for dinner for two, and with scrumptious left-overs for lunch the next day, I’d say this is pretty good value at around $20. Nowadays you pay about the same for Dominos or Pizza Hut delivered to your doorstep, so why not instead give Moki’s a go? 



No comments:

Post a Comment